Saturday, September 24, 2005

Weekend at Cheney's

I just read that Dick Cheney had six hours of vascular surgery today to repair two aneurysms, one in each of his legs. I wasn't really surprised to hear about the surgery, so much as I was surprised to hear that Dick Cheney is still alive. As reported by the Houston Chronicle:

"Cheney, 64, has had four heart attacks, quadruple bypass surgery, two artery-clearing angioplasties and an operation to implant a special pacemaker in his chest. The pacemaker starts automatically if needed to regulate his heartbeat."
Seriously. I thought that surely he was dead by now...

I know it's not really cool to make light of another person's ailments, but I have to admit that I keep thinking of that movie, Weekend at Bernie's, which involved a dead guy being propped up and puppeteered by a couple of young party-boys, so it would look as if he were still alive...

YC

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He might as well be dead, I don't believe there is a soul in there.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately Bush is the brain dead one

Anonymous said...

Bush has no brain , Cheney has no soul.
What a pair we have running the country.
impeachbush.com

Yoga Chickie said...

Did you see REW's blog (I am sure you did....but just in case not...)? A hysterical video clip about W.

Anonymous said...

Yes,Hilarious!
I have lost all confidence, not that I had any.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of people with ailments, did you see Mindy McCready in the news too?
That chick is a mess! And the media is ruthless!
Susan

Yoga Chickie said...

It is so awful, I can't even....

Lauren

Anonymous said...

I was going to write that Cheney is the puppeteer and Bush is the puppet, but I am just being redundant. YC, you should write a blog piece on the evils of redundancy, one of the cardinal sins of writing.

BeBe

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!