Sunday, September 18, 2005

How to get through 108 Sun Salutations...

YOGA FOR HOPE......

First of all, you don't have to finish all 108. You can do as many or as few as you want. It is your intention, and most importantly, your presence, that counts.

Second of all, you don't have to worry about keeping track. That's what Michele and I are there for.

Finally, to keep it fresh and to keep it moving, Michele and I are going to break it up into nine sets of 12 salutations, holding down dog only in the sixth of the 12, and then holding child's pose in the 12th of the 12. Each set of 12 salutations will be imbued with its own intention, usually in the form of a short quotation from a wise mind (for example, the Dalai Lama, Helen Keller, Coretta Scott King). The overarching theme will be "helping others" (or in yogic terms, "karma").

We look forward to seeing you at Yoga Sutra tonight!

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!