Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Aren't those poor-folk lucky?!

Well, Barbara Bush (W's mommy) says they are

And I can see her point. Can't you? As Mrs. B says, "so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them." I mean, not only are they getting to stay in really awesomely hospitable shelters, but heck, look at all the special attention they're getting! I mean, today in the New York Times, there was a photo of a girl of about eight walking through a beautiful meadow, carrying, like, FOUR toys! FOUR toys! My kids don't get to carry around four toys at once. And hell, we live smack in the middle of New York City, with not a meadow to be seen for miles (okay, we do have Sheep's Meadow in Central Park, but still).

And did anyone see that they're passing out breakfast to the displaced kids at schools in Houston? I bet they never got free breakfast at school before. I know my kids don't.

I wish I lost MY home and got to be relocated to the Commonwealth of Bush.

Hey, and did you know that adults who were forced to relocate are being given $2,000 debit cards by the government? The exception is those who have insurance or who have gone off to "live on cruiseships". I kid you not. Folks are also being given THIS season's DESIGNER CLOTHING that had been siezed by feds from shipments that violated import laws. "They will be able to tell us specifically what they want and a personal shopper will go back and get it for them," said Mike Firenza of St. Luke's Methodist Church, noting also that the result would be "one of the finest-dressed shelters that there's ever been."

The First Mom is absolutely right. Who WOULDN'T WANT some of that royal treatment going on over there? Let them eat friggin' cake!!! Right?

Er.....well....

In all fairness, the White House wouldn't comment on the statements made by W's mom. But you know the old saying: the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

YC

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, all those things certainly sound wonderful.... but they weren't free and easy. They paid for them with trauma and loss and hardship. A big prize at a big price.

Yoga Chickie said...

I hear you...I was being sarcastic.

Anonymous said...

I too am Oh so envious that I did not lose my home, job, family, etc.! I wish that I could spend a few weeks in a shelter with those lucky underprivileged folks.

Barbara B.

Yoga Chickie said...

Well, Barb, I think we can arrange that. You do live in Texas, after all...

Anonymous said...

Y Chickie,

On second thought, my husband and I would like to come to NYC and live with you. Is that too much, what do your kind (some of my best friends say), chutzpah?

Shalom,

Barbie B (a/k/a you figure it out)

Yoga Chickie said...

Duh.

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!