"When the ear hears, observe the mind. Does it get caught up and make a story out of the sound? Is it disturbed? You can know this, stay with it, be aware. At times you may want to escape from the sounds, but that is not the way out. You must escape through awareness."
-Ajahn Chah, "Still Forest Pool"
From Beliefnet's Daily Buddhist Wisdom (from "365 Buddha: Daily Meditations," edited by Jeff Schmidt. Reprinted by arrangement with Tarcher/Putnam, a division of Penguin Putnam Inc.)
Thursday, September 01, 2005
Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- ► 2009 (102)
- ► 2008 (238)
- ► 2007 (366)
- ► 2006 (504)
- Dear Yoga Chickie,
- Since we're on the topic, I'm thinking about doing...
- What are we to make of this?
- Do all "days from hell" start out with an "I feel ...
- More Lance Backlash...it's not about the juice...
- The infamous "Botox Article" from the days of yore...
- The Comeback ....
- Internut Psychology 101
- To Sir with love
- I am an Answer!
- No one is calling anyone a nut...
- I'm going to practice.
- Sunday blues
- If a tree falls in the woods....
- Weekend at Cheney's
- Keep it real...but keep it civil...
- Speaking of pronunciation...
- Stoopid girl
- Self practice with laughter
- Why all the changes?????
- Another 108!!!
- Teaching Updates
- Inducting the Newbies...
- Existential Mommy
- I'm such a poser
- Taking my sweet time....
- Technorati hacked my html code???
- Oh yeah, and my practice...
- I Heart Sociopaths
- Thank you everyone who came to Yoga For Hope...
- How to get through 108 Sun Salutations...
- HOT NAKED ASHTANGA!!!!
- The wild, wild west
- For Nobodhi, in particular...
- Before the "after" photo,
- My other kids
- Shala X
- Extreme Makeover = Back to Square One
- Aintshe Dainty?
- It's not you...it's me...
- Ashtang Pranam (8 Limbed Prostration)
- Input requested: What makes a good yoga teacher?
- If you want to meet every person in your neigborho...
- I want to practice
- Teaching Updates
- Peace starts within each one of us
- We brought home our beagle today!!!
- YOGA FOR HOPE
- Don't worry, be harried....
- He's cute, alright...
- School's In Session
- 108 Sun Salutations to Benefit the Victims of Hurr...
- Allan Ball is SO on the ball...
- Aren't those poor-folk lucky?!
- Teaching Vinyasa at Yoga Sutra this week...
- Was it a full moon this week or something?
- US Open (?)
- Ashtanga Yoga Shala NYC...
- 108 Sun Salutations
- Yoga to Benefit Hurricane Katrina Rescue and Relie...
- Guruji in New York
- A Garden From A Battlefield
- Teaching Vinyasa at Synergy at 4 Park Ave Tonight....
- Buddhist Wisdom of the day
- ▼ September (67)