I just love the freedom of not having to race down to Shala X. I still get there at about the same time, but without all the drama. And I get my adjustments from Mrs. Sir, aka Madam, which is always a pleasure.
Well, not exactly "pleasure". How can it be pleasurable to have your nose pushed into your left shinbone while your arms are binding your right knee to your chest by clasping behind your back?
Ah, Mari A, how I fear thee these days. I know it is somehow related to knowing that all of the poses in which the shoulder needs to find its way out in front of the knee are coming up sometime, if not soon, then, well sometime in the future. Have others noticed the relationship between Mari A and Kurmasana? Both seem to be driven by a similar action/energy.
Anyway, I am feeling energized and thrilled that I am feeling no pain in my back or anywhere else for that matter, so I am going to bake some righteous maple spelt muffins now. Later, my friend K is coming over for lunch - a vegetarian stir-fry with steamed jasmine rice. Yum.
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- ► 2009 (102)
- ► 2008 (238)
- ► 2007 (366)
- A& E's 'Flight 93
- A different Park City, Utah
- Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEBE!!!!
- Come as you are
- Practicing by Numbers
- Dear Yoga Chickie
- Happy Birthday to the Sister-in-Law!
- Sarah Lord Sasso 1966-2006
- SO very.
- This doesn't make him a metrosexual
- The World's Healthiest Foods
- I feel good
- This is a true story
- Maple Spelt Muffins
- I love Tuesdays
- Pink Lotus Yoga is up and running....
- Downtown Dog
- But I'm 40
- Lost notes
- "Pink Lotus Yoga"
- Why is it so hard
- BARF is the best
- Four Poems, by Adam
- Fresh Direct - You done me wrong
- just the mat
- Chuck E. Cheese: 9th Circle of Hell
- Well, at least I can get to the shala earlier
- Yoga Chickie's Attachments, January 2006
- Rogue Yogini
- Conditions: stiff and crunchy
- "Music has charms that soothe the savage (?) beast...
- Yoga na do what??
- Lost Found
- Full Wolf Moon
- Studio space needed
- Just doing my homework
- The crack of dawn...
- Mari D is coming
- Da Allie G Show
- What time is it?
- Just got back from Shala X, where I was happy to f...
- What's a fudinah?
- Brokeback Mountain: not just "homo on the range".....
- Na na na-na-na
- Ashtanga Desert
- Very boring blog entry. Read at your peril.
- Alphabet Soup
- Just remember - you read it here first
- Think Before You Pink
- Ignoring the Siren Song....
- What I learned the year I turned 40
- Sword of Gideon
- ▼ January (54)