Now what is that exactly?
Can someone tell me please?
I'm told it looks approximately like the photo shown at left. But I don't know. Because I don't believe that I have seen the hours before dawn in a very looooooong time (not since I took Guruji's 6:30 a.m. workshop back in the spring).
Tomorrow, the sun is supposedly rising at around 7:20 a.m., at least that is what the Farmer's Almanac says, but I will already have been teaching a "Wake Up Yoga" class at Yoga Sutra for 20 minutes. What that means is that I will have to do as they do in that Robert Louis Stevenson poem from A Child's Garden of Verses:
In winter I wake up at night and dress by yellow candlelight.
(In summer quite the other way, I have to go to bed by day.)
For the love of God, what the hell was I thinking when I agreed to teach a 7 a.m. class?!
Must go to sleep. Must wake up at 6. Must figure out how to travel in NYC at an ungodly hour.
You early Mysore people must be rolling your eyes.
How I wish I were a morning person...
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Now what is that exactly?
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- ► 2009 (102)
- ► 2008 (238)
- ► 2007 (366)
- A& E's 'Flight 93
- A different Park City, Utah
- Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEBE!!!!
- Come as you are
- Practicing by Numbers
- Dear Yoga Chickie
- Happy Birthday to the Sister-in-Law!
- Sarah Lord Sasso 1966-2006
- SO very.
- This doesn't make him a metrosexual
- The World's Healthiest Foods
- I feel good
- This is a true story
- Maple Spelt Muffins
- I love Tuesdays
- Pink Lotus Yoga is up and running....
- Downtown Dog
- But I'm 40
- Lost notes
- "Pink Lotus Yoga"
- Why is it so hard
- BARF is the best
- Four Poems, by Adam
- Fresh Direct - You done me wrong
- just the mat
- Chuck E. Cheese: 9th Circle of Hell
- Well, at least I can get to the shala earlier
- Yoga Chickie's Attachments, January 2006
- Rogue Yogini
- Conditions: stiff and crunchy
- "Music has charms that soothe the savage (?) beast...
- Yoga na do what??
- Lost Found
- Full Wolf Moon
- Studio space needed
- Just doing my homework
- The crack of dawn...
- Mari D is coming
- Da Allie G Show
- What time is it?
- Just got back from Shala X, where I was happy to f...
- What's a fudinah?
- Brokeback Mountain: not just "homo on the range".....
- Na na na-na-na
- Ashtanga Desert
- Very boring blog entry. Read at your peril.
- Alphabet Soup
- Just remember - you read it here first
- Think Before You Pink
- Ignoring the Siren Song....
- What I learned the year I turned 40
- Sword of Gideon
- ▼ January (54)