Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The crack of dawn...

Now what is that exactly?

Can someone tell me please?

I'm told it looks approximately like the photo shown at left. But I don't know. Because I don't believe that I have seen the hours before dawn in a very looooooong time (not since I took Guruji's 6:30 a.m. workshop back in the spring).

Tomorrow, the sun is supposedly rising at around 7:20 a.m., at least that is what the Farmer's Almanac says, but I will already have been teaching a "Wake Up Yoga" class at Yoga Sutra for 20 minutes. What that means is that I will have to do as they do in that Robert Louis Stevenson poem from A Child's Garden of Verses:

In winter I wake up at night and dress by yellow candlelight.
(In summer quite the other way, I have to go to bed by day.)

For the love of God, what the hell was I thinking when I agreed to teach a 7 a.m. class?!

Must go to sleep. Must wake up at 6. Must figure out how to travel in NYC at an ungodly hour.

You early Mysore people must be rolling your eyes.

How I wish I were a morning person...

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!