Friday, January 13, 2006

Full Wolf Moon

Tonight at 4 a.m, the moon will be full. Doesn't that make tomorrow the moon day for purposes of Ashtanga practice? Well, it is at Shala X. But other shalas around these parts are observing the Full Wolf Moon today. I wonder how they decide?

I am actually observing the full moon today, not practicing because I am completely spent. I had a wonderful practice yesterday (led half primary, like pretty much every Thursday), but today I feel like someone replaced my spine with a steel rod. I am wondering if my back will ever get nice and bendy? Forward bends are delicious. Twists are getting better and better. But in Urdhva Dhanurasana (full wheel), my feet and hands are really far apart. I can't even fathom ever grabbing my ankles, let alone getting the proper bend necessary to drop back properly (i.e., the head going back first, the back arching enough so that the floor becomes visible in the peripheral vision and THEN then arms reaching back for the floor, which by that point is not far away).

OK, off now to teach a private client who is not observing the moon day...

YC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I took today off, too. I know the full moon is actually tomorrow but, just like you, I feel I need a break. These past weeks have been hard practice-wise, with the holidays and all, so it makes sense to take advantage of it rather than resting only on Saturday just like every regular week.

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!