Fresh Direct, Oh Fresh Direct
(to be sung to the tune of Love Oh Love, Oh Careless Love)
Fresh Direct, I loved you so
I thought you were the one...but no.
Oh Fresh Direct, you done me wrong.
The problems done gone on too long.
I used to walk to D'Agastino
But the prices there were just insane, oh!
So then I learned to drive to Stews
in Yonkers town, and Fairway too.
It all took so much time and then
I learned of Fresh Direct from friends.
I thought it all would turn out fine,
But hey, I also loved Priceline.
Now you won't return my calls,
Customer Support just drops the ball.
You use to take good care of me,
So Fresh Direct, where's my Skippy?
Fresh Direct, you were so good.
You brought fresh food straight to my hood.
But Fresh Direct, you done me wrong.
These problems done gone on too long.
It wasn't long ago that I thought that Fresh Direct was the cats pajamas. Fresh, delicious food, lots of organic choices, lots of ready-to-cook dinners, not terribly expensive, all of it delivered to my doorstep. No, actually, delivered directly into my kitchen. All I had to do was put the groceries away.
But lately there have been glitches. MANY glitches. It took me a while to recognize it. It started seeping into by subconscious when I noticed several orders ago that although I had ordered four pints of lowfat cottage cheese, I received only three pints of lowfat cottage cheese; one pint was the full fat stuff. When this happened a few weeks running, I thought that perhaps there was a policy that there was a three-pint limit on the lowfat cottage cheese (like the way there is a three-box limit on cases of Diet Peach Snapple).
It was only when for the second time in a row, I received LOWFAT peanut butter (EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!!!!!!!!) instead of the FULL-fat kind that I had ordered (and which, I might add is the ONLY kind worth eating...I mean, the fat in peanut butter isn't even bad for you, and the lowfat kind has just as many calories, so what on earth is the point, especially when the lowfat kind is disgustingly sweet and tar-like?) that I realized something was going wrong over at the warehouse.
And then the problems began to extend BEYOND the warehouse. Twice in the past month, my deliveries have been missing large quantities of what I had ordered and paid for...it was as if (and this is what I believe to have happened) some of my groceries had been packed up and loaded onto the truck but then delivered to someone else. Or else not delivered at all. I picture a lone box sitting in the Fresh Direct delivery truck at the end of a shift, and inside the box is a carton of eggs, a pint of fresh (no longer) coleslaw, a pint of crabmeat salad, a 1/2 gallon of milk, a wedge of roquefort cheese, and two boxes of Yoplait Go-gurt.
Sad little box. Sad little Yoga Chickie, who can't get Customer Service to answer her calls or respond to her emails....looks like I might have to start trekking to the supermarket once again, just when I thought that I had finally left those days behind....
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- ► 2009 (102)
- ► 2008 (238)
- ► 2007 (366)
- A& E's 'Flight 93
- A different Park City, Utah
- Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEBE!!!!
- Come as you are
- Practicing by Numbers
- Dear Yoga Chickie
- Happy Birthday to the Sister-in-Law!
- Sarah Lord Sasso 1966-2006
- SO very.
- This doesn't make him a metrosexual
- The World's Healthiest Foods
- I feel good
- This is a true story
- Maple Spelt Muffins
- I love Tuesdays
- Pink Lotus Yoga is up and running....
- Downtown Dog
- But I'm 40
- Lost notes
- "Pink Lotus Yoga"
- Why is it so hard
- BARF is the best
- Four Poems, by Adam
- Fresh Direct - You done me wrong
- just the mat
- Chuck E. Cheese: 9th Circle of Hell
- Well, at least I can get to the shala earlier
- Yoga Chickie's Attachments, January 2006
- Rogue Yogini
- Conditions: stiff and crunchy
- "Music has charms that soothe the savage (?) beast...
- Yoga na do what??
- Lost Found
- Full Wolf Moon
- Studio space needed
- Just doing my homework
- The crack of dawn...
- Mari D is coming
- Da Allie G Show
- What time is it?
- Just got back from Shala X, where I was happy to f...
- What's a fudinah?
- Brokeback Mountain: not just "homo on the range".....
- Na na na-na-na
- Ashtanga Desert
- Very boring blog entry. Read at your peril.
- Alphabet Soup
- Just remember - you read it here first
- Think Before You Pink
- Ignoring the Siren Song....
- What I learned the year I turned 40
- Sword of Gideon
- ▼ January (54)