Saturday, December 24, 2005

Yum!


Nothing like Christmas Eve in Little Italy...it's so nice and quiet, and there's no wait for a table at Umberto's Clam House, which serves the BEST red sauce I have ever tasted. You can smell how good it tastes as soon as you walk in the door. Addy ate an entire plate of mussels and then manged on most of my calamari fra diavolo, part of Brian's lasagna and a fair portion of the Husband's lobster fra diavolo. Brian is the one with the sweet tooth though, so when we made our way to Sambuca's Cafe (since the old favorite, Ferrara had closed early for Christmas Eve) and actually had the pleasure of getting a table, which never normally happens on a Saturday night without a twenty minute wait minimum, Bri ate his entire canoli...


...part of the Husband's tiramisu...


a good portion of my "canoli cream cake"....

(no photo, but picture this...rich ricotta cheese with a hint of orange and chocolate chips combined with a light genoise cake, covered with a whipped butter cream)...


...and even after he said he was too full to eat any more, he dipped his eight year old hands into Adam's chocolate oreo mousse cheesecake...



...and continued to stuff his face.

(My kids are skinny - so I let them do this kind of thing when they show interest in food, which is, like, hardly ever.)

Boring boring boring boring boring for you, I know....but so very delightful for me!

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!