Friday, December 09, 2005

Photo Diary of a Breast Cancer Survivor

When you are young and you get cancer, sometimes, it feels like it all boils down to THIS. I applaud the amazing survivor who put this together. Go Karin!

YC

P.S. This post is dedicated in memory of the hilariously funny actress, comedienne and breast cancer activist, Wendie Jo Sperber (just caught her guest star appearance on Will and Grace yesterday - she played April, the Sam Kinnison-voiced maid who "inspires" Grace's design of a meditation room) who lost her eight year battle with breast cancer last week at the age of 46. Wendie Jo Sperber was the founder of WeSpark Cancer Support Network and will also be missed by the Young Survival Coaltion, of which she was an active member.

2 comments:

Boodiba said...

Oh I see you have TWO kids. Is a lot. I don't know how anyone does it, keeps up an outside life. I have a good friend who's a single mom and it's so involved I can't even imagine. Must've been something to deal with, raising a family while recovering from breast cancer.

Kudos to you.

Anonymous said...

Lauren,

It is not only the young or just women who suffer from losing their hair to chemo. Think close to home, birth family, father, the past year. Adam's comment: "JEFF, YOU'RE BALD!" (you can trust children to be the only honest ones It's no fun to lose your hair.

BeBe

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!