Poor guy - after a quiet, meditative walk through a seemingly zen-inspired garden, during which he gently and deftly saves the lives of several tiny members of the animal kingdom (namely, an upturned turtle, a land-stranded goldfish and a misplaced spider)...he blows his nose only to hear a voice-over intone that his tissue is responsible for the death of 99.9% of household viruses.
OH!! THE HORROR!!
Nice touch on the glasses and five o'clock shadow too. If I didn't know better, I'd say that this guy was a Jew....
On other fronts, I am THRILLED, and I mean THRILLED, to report that my lower back issues have resolved. For someone like me, with a health history that has the potential to rattle me at the slightest ache or pain, it is a relief when an ache or a pain goes away quickly. Unfortunately, I now have a cold. And even though I am not the only one in my household to have this cold, which produces sharp coughing, I am feeling the twinges of anxiety about the coughing. Last night, as I was teaching my vinyasa class, with three of my breast cancer survivor students in the class, each time I coughed, I was acutely aware of my own anxiety. And when one of my students said, "Are you okay?" I imagined that she was feeling the same anxiety that I was feeling....the unthinkable, the unfathomable....of course, I can only speak for what I was thinking.
At any rate, I had the opportunity to sleep super late today, being a moon day and all, and the coughing seems to have diminished. Fingers crossed. This is NOT good. My vrittis are going wild. MUST NOT ATTACH. MUST NOT ATTACH. MUST NOT ATTACH....
Friday, December 30, 2005
Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- ► 2009 (102)
- ► 2008 (238)
- ► 2007 (366)
- ► 2006 (504)
- "The news was bad, I went to Bendels"....
- How do you begin an Ashtanga practice without an A...
- Move over Geico Cavemen...meet the Kleenex Monk
- Auspicious on the inside
- Peggy Fleming I aint
- "The world is sexy"...
- Little Sparrows and One-Legged Pigeons
- Holy Jelly Doughnuts!
- Random thought:
- An ass CAN be too small.
- Nice Menorah!
- I killed a massage chair
- Blogging gone wrong...?
- Ireland, Sweden, Manila, Oh MY!
- My hip replacement
- Is it possible? Will practicing at Shala X actual...
- Coda to my Carrie Bradshaw Moment...
- My Carrie Bradshaw moment
- Breast Reconstruction after Mastectomy; It wasn't ...
- Why is it that dogs are so damn lovable?
- Heating Pad
- Hanuman Chaleesa
- Winter Solstice
- Better Than Average Joe
- The Family Stone: Haven't Seen It, Don't Wanna
- Mommy...(grinning impishly)....IS it?
- Please let there be no transit strike...please let...
- Gratitude journal
- I don't think it's the backbends...
- My big, strong wrists (not to mention my giant fee...
- Petri Räisänen
- Back to basics
- "All is a miracle" - Thich Nhat Hanh
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Oedipal Resolution
- Photo Diary of a Breast Cancer Survivor
- I knew something was up!
- The best laid plans
- I'll have what she's having
- I have a friend who lost a lot of weight practicin...
- Pigs fly
- Paralysis By Analysis
- Tom and Daisy Fall From Grace
- Why is winter so damn hard?
- A day of nothing
- Lewis has a blog!
- Good And Bad Reasons For Believing
- When you talk to yourself....
- Ode to Eminem, yo, his words offend so, but then a...
- Yoga Road Kill
- 1/2 Led Primary
- ▼ December (57)