Friday, December 16, 2005

Mommy...(grinning impishly)....IS it?

No, Brian, there is no Transit Strike. But if you manifest really really hard, perhaps school will be sort of off-kilter today anyway.

(reading over my shoulder) "Why Mommy?"

Well, I just have a feeling that you're not the only one who was (at least) half-hoping that there would be a strike...

"I wasn't JUST half hoping...I was 100 percent hoping!"

"See? I put in the 'at least' just for you..."

In a way, I have to say that despite all of my NOT wanting there to be a strike, a very small (and I mean VERY small) part of me sort of welcomed the break from routine...kind of like when there used to be snowdays when I was a kid (what happened to those things anyway?) I have a feeling that a lot of people that planned to not come into the city today in the event of a strike are still not coming in today. Hell, the subway is not going to be pretty today, strike or no strike. I don't relish the thought of skipped stops and long pauses in dark tunnels, care of surly conductors who want to be paid more money (and I am not saying they are wrong, hello, MTA budget surplus 2005?)

"Brian, do you have anything more to say?"

"I dunno. What does this button do, mommy?"

It publishes my blog, Brian.

YC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! Not about the strike. Vanessa slept over at her job location last night.

I wish Brian had his own blog.

BeBe

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!