I was the only one in the room because, hello, it's a moon day, but I had to teach a Fundamentals Class on Prasarita Padottanasana, so I decided to practice first (and I hadn't practiced yesterday at all, glum and mopey and stuck at home as I was). And yet, I managed to generate a LOT of heat, and despite moving quite deliberately and slowly, I managed to finish my practice in 50 minutes (not counting backbends and finishing poses, which I finished in 20 minutes after the Fundamentals class).
I adore the rhythmic nature of the Prasaritas, so teaching them is a joy. I had a student who couldn't touch his knees, let alone the floor or his toes, so it was challenging to help him while offering something to the other students who ranged from never-practiced-Ashtanga-before to Hatha Yoga Teacher to Ashtanga Teacher Trainee. It felt great though, and I am pretty sure that everyone got something good out of it.
Yummy Coconut Shake!
I have to go back to Chinatown tomorrow to pick up some more Young Coconuts. There is something about the heavenly scent of Young Coconut water that makes me sooo sooo happy. The soft, sweet, kind of slippery, rubbery Young Coconut meat is beside the point - but it does make a shake out of the thing. Otherwise, it would just be just extra-sweet and nutty coconut water.
Yummy New Dresses!
I just bought three new summery dresses because my shrink told me that lately I've been dressing as if I'm in mourning - torn black clothing. Yikes. What happened to the fashionita that I one was? I don't know, but I want to bring a little of her back, and not just on Saturday nights when have a black tie bar mitvah or the like. Today, I wore an ice-blue shift-dress by J. Crew with a v-front and thin straps. It's a teeny bit big on me, so I'm wearing a slip under it. I feel so sophisticated wearing a slip! There's also a orange floaty, many-pleated empire-waisted strapless Cynthia Steffe with loooong streamer-like sashes that you can tie however you like. And finally a rose-colored eyelet constructed strapless with a small folded "cuff" at the top seam. Very pretty. Very summer. Very yum.
And now I must take my little Tae Kwon Do-er to his class.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- ► 2009 (102)
- ► 2008 (238)
- Oh. K.
- what does it take, i ask you??? what? tell ne!!!
- Psychological Approaches to the Management of PAIN...
- End of days?
- another day another practice
- I'm all En Vogue today
- Eight Randoms
- Okay, which one of you's ratted me out?
- What does it all meme?
- Yoga Chickie....Now, with yoga!
- Lost - Season Finale - The Looking Glass - Summary...
- Live Lost Blog...Final Edition
- Lost Live Blogging, catvari, exhale jump back....
- Lost Live Blogging, part III
- Lost Live Blogging, part II
- Live Lost Blogging
- The elephant in the room
- Another Bound Supta K!
- whine, whine, whine
- Oucth, I bith mah tong!
- The headless headstand
- she laksmi, she really laksmi!
- all of primary and backbending too
- I'm at a Lost for words
- Bye bye Eye-in
- Change is hard
- This was me then
- Yes we are old, many of us. But for the most part...
- NUTS for young coconuts (and a Soprano's Spoiler w...
- How to write good...satire
- The Husband Put Me Into SUPTA KURMASANA!!!
- How to write good
- One Thousand Posts
- Locke = Jacob!?!?
- It might be true what they say...
- Lost goes to the Carnivale!
- Why we quit
- One Night in the Pokey
- I saw Anderson Cooper and did a 360
- Little Children
- I think, therefore I am...tagged
- BEST Lost Theory Yet!!!
- Oh, the things that unrequited love will drive a w...
- Got Caffeine?
- What a waste of a moonday
- Double-Team? Nope. Double-Time
- ▼ May (49)
- ► 2006 (504)