No you're never gonna get it (ow!)
Never ever gonna get it (no, not this time)..."
Remember that song? I kept singing that in my head today.
The good news is that practice feels awesome, and I have so much energy left over after stopping at Garba Pindasana that I am able to come home and take Adam out for an eight-mile bike ride through Central Park's main drives. I remember with fondness the days when I used to push my baby carriage around those drives for exercise. Then the stroller became a jogging stroller. Then the jogging stroller became a bike seat. Now, finally, I have my own little biking partner! And plenty of energy to spare.
Came home from that and ate a delicious bowl of "whole oat groats" with almond milk and wheat germ. I love hot mushy food (although not mashed potatoes - blech!). I wonder if the reason my practice has improved in the past few weeks has been my incidental shunning of animal flesh and my substitution of what would normally be on my plate for things like rice, lentils, groats and the occasional pasta (usually asian noodle stir fry). Also, I have stopped drinking coffee. Ever since the tongue injury, I can't face the prospect of coffee. Too acidic? Maybe what with the lack of coffee and the sharp increase in young coconut, my diet has become more alkalitic and less acidic, which many many moons ago, Mark R. told me could improve my practice by eliminating stiffness in the joints.
In any event, the biggest improvement in my practice is the fact that there is no more drama in Supta Kurmasana. I just do it now. Yesterday, Lori told me that if there's time, I should attempt to get myself into it. I had no idea about that. And I think that really helps, or it did today. By the time Sir got to me for my assist, my shoulders were already WAY under my legs. I bound solidly, no slippage at all, despite sheets and sheets of sweat falling off my body, not even when my ankles crossed, and not even when I took it upon myself to dip my head even lower under my crossed ankles. Once again, I surprised myself by pressing up in Dwi Pada. It was harder today, though, and once I got up, it was either fall forward or let the legs spring apart. I chose the latter and then fell on my ass. No big deal.
The one and only problem I have with not finishing Primary before getting to backbends is that my backbends suffer. When I practce the full Series, like at home, or when I pop into Yoga Sutra, my backbends feel amazing. When I stop before Baddha Konasana, my back is still quite rounded. I think that Setu Bandasana really helps to set the stage, especially because I have a strong neck and can really use that as leverage to arch.
Eh, the point is moot. I am here in Primary Purgatory forever. I am resigned to it. No need to contact my teacher, friends. It's FINE. I am FINE with it. Can't you see that? I am FINE!! Lalalala! Happy! And I should never have to do dropbacks either. No, perish the thought. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT lobby for assisted dropbacks for the Yoga Chickie. She does not need or want any Asana Charity, but thanks.
Sunday, May 27, 2007
No you're never gonna get it (ow!)
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- ► 2009 (102)
- ► 2008 (238)
- Oh. K.
- what does it take, i ask you??? what? tell ne!!!
- Psychological Approaches to the Management of PAIN...
- End of days?
- another day another practice
- I'm all En Vogue today
- Eight Randoms
- Okay, which one of you's ratted me out?
- What does it all meme?
- Yoga Chickie....Now, with yoga!
- Lost - Season Finale - The Looking Glass - Summary...
- Live Lost Blog...Final Edition
- Lost Live Blogging, catvari, exhale jump back....
- Lost Live Blogging, part III
- Lost Live Blogging, part II
- Live Lost Blogging
- The elephant in the room
- Another Bound Supta K!
- whine, whine, whine
- Oucth, I bith mah tong!
- The headless headstand
- she laksmi, she really laksmi!
- all of primary and backbending too
- I'm at a Lost for words
- Bye bye Eye-in
- Change is hard
- This was me then
- Yes we are old, many of us. But for the most part...
- NUTS for young coconuts (and a Soprano's Spoiler w...
- How to write good...satire
- The Husband Put Me Into SUPTA KURMASANA!!!
- How to write good
- One Thousand Posts
- Locke = Jacob!?!?
- It might be true what they say...
- Lost goes to the Carnivale!
- Why we quit
- One Night in the Pokey
- I saw Anderson Cooper and did a 360
- Little Children
- I think, therefore I am...tagged
- BEST Lost Theory Yet!!!
- Oh, the things that unrequited love will drive a w...
- Got Caffeine?
- What a waste of a moonday
- Double-Team? Nope. Double-Time
- ▼ May (49)
- ► 2006 (504)