Happy Mother's Day to me, indeed!!!
I got into Kurmasana, flattened myself all the way out with my legs as high up on my shoulders as possible, and then I told him exactly what to do.
First, I told him to externally rotate my calves to bring my feet up in front of my head, soles facing inward and slightly down. He couldn't follow that, no surprise, so I just did it myself.
Next, I told him to press my left shoulder down under my left leg as he took my left hand and brought it up behind my back. He couldn't really follow that either, at least as far as pressing down the arm. He did manage to bring my left hand behind my back. Same with my right.
Then, I told him to press my elbows in towards each other. He did a fine job of that, and I found fingers and THEN I found my hands and I swear, it was almost effortless. They just stuck. Solidly bound!!
Finally, I told him to come around and cross my ankles. Um. Nope. That was as far as he was going to go.
So, I did it myself.
Yep. Well, actually, not ankles. But big toes, okay? BIG TOES CROSSED, all by myself!
I guess all of the work I am doing at the shala is really paying off. Now, how to bring this sort of ease with me into the shala. Probably won't happen for a long time because I remember a similar thing going on with the Marichyasanas. I would get it at home but couldn't replicate the ease and calm in the shala for a loooong time to come.
I am so happy because this means that my practice won't be decimated by moving up to the country and not having a teacher most, or at least many, days of the week. If I can actually get someone to just press my elbows towards each other, I can do all of Primary....and work on my backbends next.
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Happy Mother's Day to me, indeed!!!
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- ► 2009 (102)
- ► 2008 (238)
- Oh. K.
- what does it take, i ask you??? what? tell ne!!!
- Psychological Approaches to the Management of PAIN...
- End of days?
- another day another practice
- I'm all En Vogue today
- Eight Randoms
- Okay, which one of you's ratted me out?
- What does it all meme?
- Yoga Chickie....Now, with yoga!
- Lost - Season Finale - The Looking Glass - Summary...
- Live Lost Blog...Final Edition
- Lost Live Blogging, catvari, exhale jump back....
- Lost Live Blogging, part III
- Lost Live Blogging, part II
- Live Lost Blogging
- The elephant in the room
- Another Bound Supta K!
- whine, whine, whine
- Oucth, I bith mah tong!
- The headless headstand
- she laksmi, she really laksmi!
- all of primary and backbending too
- I'm at a Lost for words
- Bye bye Eye-in
- Change is hard
- This was me then
- Yes we are old, many of us. But for the most part...
- NUTS for young coconuts (and a Soprano's Spoiler w...
- How to write good...satire
- The Husband Put Me Into SUPTA KURMASANA!!!
- How to write good
- One Thousand Posts
- Locke = Jacob!?!?
- It might be true what they say...
- Lost goes to the Carnivale!
- Why we quit
- One Night in the Pokey
- I saw Anderson Cooper and did a 360
- Little Children
- I think, therefore I am...tagged
- BEST Lost Theory Yet!!!
- Oh, the things that unrequited love will drive a w...
- Got Caffeine?
- What a waste of a moonday
- Double-Team? Nope. Double-Time
- ▼ May (49)
- ► 2006 (504)