Thursday, August 18, 2005

What is a tummy tuck?

A friend of mine, who I have spoken to on the phone but have not seen since my surgery, asked me a really astute question today about my surgery. She wanted to know where my new belly button is. I explained that I still have the same belly button on the INSIDE but the old "outside" has been pulled down and closed up. A new external belly button was created on top of the "umbilicus" - the actual stalk of the belly button, the thing that feeds you when you're a baby in your mother's womb.

I thought that was a great question, and one that no one has ever asked me (and one I had never thought to ask. So, I am linking to the explanation of Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons Website.

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!