Tuesday, May 30, 2006

When life gives you lemons,

make lemonade...

And so here is the definitive Yoga Chickie recipe for making homemade lemonade:

Have onhand a large quantity (at least 10) large, organic lemons because you are going to drink this as fast as you're going to be making it. For each 8 oz glass, use one large lemon. Cut the lemon in half. Then slice several times into each half in order to get the juices flowing. Then squeeze each half right into a pitcher, allowing the seeds and pulp to go in with the juice. Throw in some ice cubes and water to equal 8 oz per whole lemon, then throw in some of the empty lemon rinds. Cover the pitcher and shake well. Strain into glasses. Sweeten to taste. YUM.

Self-practice is getting kind of old. I think I will head down to Shala X tomorrow morning. Is it wrong to bring a change of clothing, to change halfway through practice? I was seriously sweating BUCKETS today in my home practice and actually changed into fresh clothes right before Mari D....is that bad?

YC

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad according to whom??

Lees Lamar said...

I find the sweat makes me stick in poses longer.
I don't have enough yoga clothes to make that a habit anyway!

Yoga Chickie said...

No, I am talking watery, drippy sweat, not merely a light perspiring. I am talking sweat that you can wring out of your clothes in a stream....that's what I get for practicing without air conditioning.

Lees Lamar said...

I see what you mean.
We don't have that kinda heat here.
65 degrees. Partially cloudy.
What the heck did you wear to Bikram?!

Yoga Chickie said...

At Bikram, I wear short shorts and a bra. It doesn't matter how slippery you get in Bikram - there is no binding.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't. I am easily distracted and if I went out of the room and got changed, it would totally kill the meditative aspect of my practice. It's bad enough when I take a pee break!

I would suggest maybe buying some running clothes? I hear they are made with materials that don't hold on to the sweat (as cotton does). I'm asuming you already take a small towel with you into the room.

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!