Tuesday, May 23, 2006

4 seconds

That was how long Sir had my hands BOUND IN SUPTA K today!!!!!!!!!!

And I seemingly got a pat on the head, or the back, don't remember which.

The key to progress in Supta K is, apparently, to ignore it and focus on the poses that come before it.

The constant refrain.

Beyond wrists in Mari A today. Barely wrists in B and C. A nice good hand clasp in D. Vinyasas, not so stellar after Purvotanasana, but then, asanas are the thang right now. Someday it will all come together, or it will seem to, until I look back at some later point and realize that it wasn't actually together at all, but NOW it is....

Spent the rest of the afternoon in what felt like a trip to the Dharma Initiative (Lost fans will know), subjected, as I was, to all measure of cognitive testing.

Dr. R: "Repeat after me: 1 3 8 5 7 4 9".........."Okay, now backwards"........."OK, now every other number"....."Okay, now what was the name of the fisherman in that story I told you back about an hour ago?"........."Okay, so let's say it takes eight machines to do the job in 6 hours, and 96 machines to do the job in a half hour, how much wood CAN a woodchuck chuck, would you say?"............

Me: drooooooooool

I got yelled at for checking my written work over before handing it back to her, and she even took away my eraser at one point.

Why did I subject myself to this? Because my insurance company told me I had to. Your tax dollars at work. Or your insurance premiums, at least. Who IS this shrink who gets paid by insurance companies to disprove the disability claims of people who've suffered enough?

Rhetorical.

Whatevs.

YC

2 comments:

Lees Lamar said...

Wooweeee.
See supta K is on the way.

Anonymous said...

YC - I think you should really order Gregor's new book... I thought of you when I read the passages on the Maris and Supta K. He does a nice explanation of why they are in the sequence they are in, why they are important to be learned in order and with patience... and all the muscle stuff involved. 8limbs.com I think you'd really find value in the book.

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!