Sunday, May 14, 2006

Her name was Jessica

She never got to be a mother.

Instead, after unsuccessfully undergoing infertility treatment, she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She shared her uniquely witty and intelligent voice with the blogging world in the aptly titled Cancer, baby.

I don't remember how I stumbled upon Cancer, baby, but I have been keeping up with it for some time now. When "Cancerbaby", as she was known to her fans, went silent in December, I knew that something bad was happening. And I suspect, so did the hundreds and hundreds of well-wishers who expressed their anxiety and hopes through their comments on CB's blog in the past several months.

Jessica died on Friday. I didn't know her except through reading her blog. But her words touched me and inspired me as a person, a writer and a mother. Like I said, she never got to be a mother. And she truly wished to be. For this I am so sorry. In honor of her memory, on this Mother's Day, I will observe a day of blogging silence.

YC

2 comments:

Jeff said...

May she rest in peace. May her friends and family find solice in the thought that she is in a better place, at peace.
;(

Lees Lamar said...

I have read her blog off and on.
Such a beautifully written, funny blog.
So sad.

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!