Thursday, May 25, 2006

Kurmasana is like pizza

Even when it's bad, it's good.

So, I fell out of Titti (as my friend L calls it) on my way out of Bhuja. So, I was so slippery (wearing capris for no apparent reason) that I couldn't even press up to Titti after Supta K. So, I couldn't lift my heels in Kurmasana without bruising my triceps. So. What.

Self-practice tomorrow, hopefully in a heated room. Some might call it Bikram followed by the middle third of Primary. But I will call it self-practice.

Adam's seven today.

Did you know that when they were still horsedrawn, busses were called "omnibusses"? And here I was thinking that "omnibus" was an adjective describing a law that covers many sundry topics. Learn something new in First Grade every day.

YC

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

similar experience but different reason.
i was in K then came out to prepare for supta when eddie says one second so i had to go BACK in to K then be adjusted into supta by the end of THAT i just didnt have it in me to lift my core up high enough to make a nice clean jumpback.

Anonymous said...

Omnibus is also a German word. If you are a group of people and you want to go on on a trip you might consider to rent an Omnibus (bus). Omnibusse are also the busses that are used in public transportation.

I already noticed that you use words o German origin. I am astonished that they exist in American language. Last example was spiel.

Yoga Chickie said...

Ah, so I am not the only one...it IS the penultimate (or ultimate, depending on when you observe the moon, which occurs at 10:something P.M. tomorrow night) practice of the week....

So, Ursula, spiel is totally of German origin - it is Yiddish!

YC

Yoga Chickie said...

What does weltschmerz mean?

hi hello said...

http://aditya8485.googlepages.com http://yoga-for-america.blogspot.com u can do a lot of things there

Yoga Chickie said...

Aditya, there are no shortcuts.

YC

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!