Friday, February 22, 2008

Ski Cam!!

Well, we finally won the Snowstorm Sweepstakes, with a surprise five inches of snow that arrived in the middle of the night. We woke up to fresh powder, after having gone to sleep thinking that we'd be skiing week-old crud.

The batteries on my camera wore out unexpectedly early on in the day, but not before I was able to make this video - poles in one hand, camera in the other - as I made fresh tracks on a run called Timberline:



Unfortunately, the sound on the video makes the snow sound kind of crunchy when, in fact, new powder actually "squeaks" underneath your skis.

I wish the video could better capture what it feels like to ski on fresh powder or the steepness of the run. Ah well. There's always Warren Miller videos.

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!