Monday, February 04, 2008

Life is good

What is there to say when life is good? My practice seems to be chugging along, little things happening, subtle things as well as bigger things, all things that I could not have imagined previously. Yesterday, we had people over for the Superbowl, and since there were kids there, of course we got into a whole tumbling thing, and at one point, one of the kids did a sort of "flipped dog" into Urdhva Dhanurasana, and I flipped my dog, in turn, and then suddenly, I found myself in UD. I have never done that before, never thought it was possible. It's not a big thing. But it's nice.

My spine cracks so much more readily now. I little twist here, and crack. A little bend there, and crack. To me, this is good. A sign of increased suppleness. I love the cracking. Without it, I feel stuck. And my spine has felt stuck for a long time. It's slowly unsticking, I think.

Last night was deliciously fun. Good food, good drinks, good friends. And the sweetest part was when the six kids that were over, including mine, went outside at halftime, the stadium lights in my backyard blaring, and played an impromptu game of football. This could never have happened in the city. This is what living here is about...

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!