Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Change of mind

So, we got rid of the mod and went with a simple, less jarring pattern of blocks that coordinate with the cranberry felted wool shag in the tv/fireplace area in the rear of the room. The screen behind the club chairs is mirrored, if you can't tell, and it is intended to pick up the colors of the back yard and also reminds me of the french doors that we (sadly) decided we needed to get rid of, that used to hang in that rear passage you can see in the photo, which leads from family room to formal living room.

Home today, with sick child, wishing I could have gotten to the shala. Glad I went yesterday though, and I am reminded that I need to get there whenever I can because I'll never know when I won't be able to, even when I want to do so.

YC

2 comments:

Lees Lamar said...

Why do you insist on placing furniture against the wall?
Have you ever looked at a home decoration magazine?

Yoga Chickie said...

There really is no other place to put it. It is a narrow space that serves as a transition to another space. We wanted to have seating there to look out at the back yard, so this is the way it has to be. Believe me, we struggled with it.

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!