Saturday, June 17, 2006

Random Citta Vrittis

Went to the party last night - the anniversary party of my friends, D&D. Found out that D&D are adopting a baby girl from Russia - Siberia, to be exact. Of course, by the time they get her, she will no longer be a baby - more like an 18-month old toddler. I think it is very cool. They just really wanted a third child, and it wasn't happening the natural (or even the medically assisted) way. So, they are giving a home to a girl who needs it.

The party was fun, but I feel terrible today, having had one cocktail, some unquantifiable quantity of wine (the waiter just kept pouring), some red meat and some incredibly delicious chocolate-peanut-buttery-dessert thing. Not a banner night for the purity of the temple that is my body.

Today in the playground, a mom came up to me and asked me what I use on my hair to get the curls so springy! Go Devachan. It's not a salon, it's a practice: no more scrubbing the hair, no more rubbing with a towel, no more combing with anything but fingers and only when wet and thickly coated with alcohol-free conditioner, no more gels except those without alcohol, no more squeezing when I scrunch, as opposed to a gentle accordian-like press, no more blowing dry. I can't wait to see how much healthier my hair is in a couple of months...

I feel nauseous. I am jumping from topic to topic. I am very upset by this coda to the Cancerbaby Blog ...it just seems so cold. I would have liked to have seen an obituary, or some kind of heartfelt message from her husband or friends. It occurred to me for a brief moment, that I will never know for absolutely sure if Jessica was even a real person....

Happy Father's Day!

YC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose cancerbaby's husband and family may be too upset to worry what the blogosphere needs... at least, that's how I imagine my husband would feel.

Yoga Chickie said...

Actually, I got an email from him - very sweet, very kind, very forthcoming. The long and the short of it is that he doesn't want to violate the sanctity of her blog - the only thing in her life over which she had control, ultimately, by injecting his own voice into it. His email left me in tears.a

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!