Wednesday, January 31, 2007

12 Things I Know (so you don't have to tell me):

1. My ass looks big in that new photo (it's just the camera adding 10 pounds, albeit all in my ass).

2. My yoga pants appear to have gone translucent in that new photo (it's just the flash playing tricks).

3. I have too much time on my hands (and yet I don't have enough time to get the things done that I am supposed to get done).

4. I have issues surrounding authority.

5. At this point, there is absolutely nothing (no thing. nada.) that I can do that will control whether or not I can bind in Supta Kurmasana; no amount of leg behind the head prep, no amount of stretching my arms out of their sockets; at this point, it will happen when I actually allow my teacher to put me into it (okay, confession: I didn't know this until today when Sir told me so, and even then, I can't say that I actually internalized it exactly, although I am trying...and having about as much success as I would be having if you told me that all I need to do to bind in Supta Kurmasana is to wiggle my left nostril....but it's a process....all is coming...?...!)

6. There will always be "a pose".

7. There will always be "the next pose".

8. Everyone's got issues. Not just me. (The only reason that I think that my issues somehow make me exceptional, and by "exceptional", I mean "qualifying for an exception", as in, to an exception to whatever rule we're talking about at any given moment, is because they are, in fact, mine.

9. I need a job (If you know of any, please let me know, bearing in mind that I can't sit still for more than 20 minutes, I have difficulty concentrating for much longer than it takes to read an article in a magazine or write a blog post, my short-term memory retention is shot thanks to a mixture of chemo and hormone deficiencies, and I need to practice yoga every morning for about 90 minutes and still have enough energy to help my kids with their homework and stay awake long enough to put them to bed).

10. I'm a total asshole.

11. I am so totally NOT an asshole.

12. Everything's impermanent.

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!