Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Same shit different day

Got the good adjust in Mari D, which puts me less on edge than muscling my way through it myself, and then rushed through Navasana to get to my meat and potatoes: Bujapidasana, Kurmasana and Supta K, which are now a three-part medley of "wriggle the legs behind the shoulders."

Bound the hands (or rather, the hands were bound, passive tense being more appropriate here), long enough for Sir to say, "It's all you have to do. Just bind the hands. Don't do anything else. Forget everything else."

In my head: inhale, exhale, hands...slipping....inhale, exhale, INHALE, EXHALE, goddamnit, my HANDS!".

I'd really like to be one of those limby people that just wrap the arms around and clasp them, minus the drama. But in the immortal words of Gwen Stefani, "Few times I been round that track, but it's not gonna happen like that."

Uh-huh, this my shit. I aint no bendy-ass girl.

At least there is progress.

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!