Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Sweet dreams are made of this

Supta K #8. I TOTALLY NAILED IT! Hands just moved toward one another like magnets.

Er, and then I woke up.

Practice today was one of those practices where you realize that it takes commitment to keep practicing. It just isn't feeling very brilliant lately, or at least not today. But still I press on. I think that it's amazing that I get so many adjustments in the Marichyasanas and Supta K. But on the other hand, it tires me out like nobody's business. Today I made a conscious decision to hold back just a little bit, to really stick to five breaths in each posture (except Parv Parsva Kona), to not even try to jump through with straight legs. I really wanted to have the energy for Supta K. And clearly, I need to build my stamina up. But that will come. Supta K was fine. Nothing new to report other than I was able to press up with my ankles crossed. But I'm all closed in on myself, and my ankles are in front of my face instead of behind my neck. Ah well. In time. In time. In time. Seven down, 8,000 or so to go, more or less.

REW gives a great explanation of the essential themes of Passover in her blog today. Hopefully later on, I will be able to sit down and continue the story I started two days ago.

YC

1 comment:

Soapwalla Chef said...

thanks for the plug :-D

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!