Thursday, April 06, 2006

Practice Practice Practice

Over on the Ashtanga EZ Board, there's a link to the most excellent animated loop, one which I can't get out of my head. For the uninitated, it is: Badger Badger Badger, and I warn you, if you watch it, you too may become obsessed with those crazy little jumping badgers, the mushroom and the snake ("ARGH! Snake! It's a snake!"). Badgerx3 (as it is sometimes called) is so intoxicating that there's even a piece on it in Answers.com, which dissects the little loop through more than eight (!) hours of viewing.

What I find most addictive about Badgerx3 is that it truly seems to be a metaphor for the practice of Ashtanga (at least the physical practice).

I wish I had a clue about how to make animated loops because if I did, I would make one called Yoga Badger, and in it, the badgers would be accompanied by the lyric: "Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice" (11 or 12 times). The "Mushroom" part would be accompanied by the lyric, "Ho hum". Finally, the "Snake" portion would be "New Pose" ("Argh, New Pose! New Pose! Argh, it's a new pose!").

To me, that is the trajectory.

But you really have to watch the Badgers to understand.

YC

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooooo good. It is after midnight here in Germany and I had a good after midnight laugh.

Best wishes

Ursula

Anonymous said...

Scaringly bordering on paranoia, but still hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Now my fingers refuse to close the window!

Yoga Chickie said...

I've been up all night staring at the screen!! Call 911.

Lauren

Anonymous said...

New lyrics:

Practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice
practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice
Moon Day, Moon Day
Practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice
practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice
A break! A break!
A break! A break!
I think I need a break!

Lol. It's really addictive!

Yoga Chickie said...

HYSTERICAL!

Practicepracticepracticepracticepracticepracticepracticepracticepracticepracticepractice,

ARGH!

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!