Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Homeland Sex-curity

A 56 year old Department of Homeland Security staff member (deputy press secretary) was arrested yesterday for trying to talk dirty to what he thought was a 14-year old girl, who turned out to be an investigator for the Polk County, Florida Sheriff's department. Oops, his bad.

Today in NYC, the sun shone brightly and there was no traffic at all on the FDR Drive. I made it down to Shala X in time for the invocation but still ended up being the last person in the room (due to pranayama and chest-openers following savasana). As I was leaving Shala X, the sky clouded over, and it began to rain. As I was driving uptown, amid bumper to bumper traffic, the rain turned into snow. And not just snow, but big, giant, snow, falling like frogs from the sky, bringing to mind the scene from Magnolia, where the sky opened up, and it literally rained frogs, and in the background, "It's not going to stop til you wise up..."...

YC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i cant tell u how disgusted i am by this whole thing. This dude was working for homeland security! did anyone see the long piece in the post about pedophiles trying to lure children on the internet.
so depressing...

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!