Friday, October 07, 2005

Wonderful day

Getting enough sleep definitely helps. Practice was lovely this morning. Mademoiselle gave me some wonderful adjustments, and she let me get as far as I could in Mari C before giving me an assist. After she finished with me, I asked her if I could keep practicing Mari C for a while before I finished the rest of my practice (I wasn't sure because I have heard that this would not be permitted at some shalas). She asked me if Mari C was my last pose (!!!! If she had to ask....!!!), and I answered in the affirmative. So, yes, she said, go right ahead, enjoy. And I did. I stretched my sacro-iliac joint out a bit (I definitely think that is part of the problem), and I got back to Mari C. I did grip my fingers together on my good side eventually. But I was still just gripping my clothing on the not-as-good side.

Man, this is boring.

I have to admit, I gave all of my writing energy to revamping my web page, Downtown Uptown Yoga...not even going to link to it because it is SOOOO f-ed up right now. After all of my work, which I carefully saved, I might add, I went to pull it up from the link on this page, and all that came up was my "under construction" site. DAMN!!

I am getting very pissed off at Yahoo GeoCities. Maybe next week, I will have to call tech support on that.

Oh yeah, and I went to teach my first class through Bent on Learning today. It is a high school seniors yoga class at the NYC Lab School (a talented and gifted magnet school) in Chelsea. I have a teaching partner named Naomi. I met her, and we met the gym teachers and sat in an auditorium with the many gabby, slow-slung-pants-wearing students. But there was no time for a practice today - they couldn't even figure out who was supposed to be in class. So, next week is another chance....

I am sure I will revise this later so that it actually reads coherently. And I am sorry, but I can't speak any more about what is happening with Lou the Beagle or where and how I am going to get a new dog. I have done everything for Lou that I am capable of doing, which is A LOT, and you will just have to trust me on that. As for getting a new dog, I have many concerns, not just the boycott of puppy mills, but also the disappointment on the faces of my two sons, and that just scratches the surface. I have many options, and I will ultimately choose the one that is most beneficial and least damaging, as a whole, all things considered. I adore animals, had a rescue cat for many years, and I will do what is right. That's all I'm sayin'.

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!