Sunday, October 23, 2005

OK, well...maybe he's not the BEST dog in the world...

since I missed my morning Mysore practice at Shala X due to the fact that Lewis the Beagle had an accident (the solid kind) on my living room rug, and I had to spend a half hour cleaning it, thus leaving me not enough time to get down there and back up to bring the kids to Hebrew School. There is always self-practice later....or perhaps I will pop in at Yoga Sutra for the Sunday morning session. I am not sure who is teaching, as Christopher is on a leave of absence for the time being, unfortunately.

The Great One Oh Eight was not so "great" in that only three people (!!!!) showed. Where was everyone?!! That being said, the five of us had a great time (thanks Kathy Uno, by the way, for coming after the Asana and Meditation workshop). The last 12, we all did together, in silence, and then Michele led us all through some much needed spinal twisting. So, not great in number, but still a great practice.

I am really excited to begin teaching next week at Yahoo Hot Jobs, care of
Jiva Wellness. Tiffany and Mark, of Jiva, are really great, and I can't wait to meet the students. So, starting in December, I will be teaching on four out of five days of the week - Mondays, I will be teaching seventh graders at NYC Lab, Tuesdays at Yahoo Hot Jobs, Wednesdays I am off, so I will be spending a couple of hours at my own kids' school, helping out in the classroom, Thursdays is morning vinyasa at Yoga Sutra and evening Yoga For Breast Cancer Survivors and Fridays is 12th graders at NYC Lab. It feels like a plan. I like plans, although I understand as well as anyone, perhaps even moreso, that plans are just a starting point and the unexpected is what either wakes us up or closes us off....

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!