Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wish me luck

I am giving Lewis the Beagle a bath. He is finally done with healing from his surgery (neutering...shhhhhh....he's very sensitive about it), and now I get to see how bright and white his lovely fur really is.

THEN I am going to do a late afternoon practice.

It has been quite a busy week, much of it devoted to the annoying and arduous job of configuring this new computer (I want those hours back!!!!) and keeping Lewis from developing some bad habits in my house. Also, with the new dog, I have had this incredible nesting instinct, so I have been doing a lot of shopping for housewares...bought a brand new toaster, a new set of glasses at Fishs Eddy (cool store!!), a new set of cereal bowls, also at Fishs Eddy and a brand new Dyson "Animal" vaccuum cleaner for all that lovely beagle fur that seems to be piling up everywere Lewis sits.

Mostly, I am just craving a return to normalcy in my house, and I need to give myself a break for missing a few practices at Shala X (I am still practicing at home, but I do feel like I am missing something important when I don't show up at the shala) while I am training a new dog (he is housebroken and trained, but he needs those teachings reinforced in my my house, especially now that he is growing comfortable here) and getting used to my fall teaching schedule.

Anyway, I have three little boys (two sons and a playdate) and a smelly beagle/bassett to contend with, so I must go. Time to bathe the pup.

YC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know how that Dyson works, I have always wondered if they are worth the money.
Kiran

Yoga Chickie said...

It is AWESOME. And I mean that literally. My kids and I were in AWE of how much dirt and dust that thing pulled out of our home. It was actually borderline frightening. I say go for it...it was definitely worth the money, especially with kids (and if you have pets, then it's a no brainer).

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren,

How'd the bath go? I haven't been around much, work has really heated up for me. I hoping to make it to class tonight - except whenever I say that, I don't make it.

See you tonight.
Beth

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!