Saturday, October 22, 2005

What to do, what to do...

On a miserable, rainy day in New York City...what to do?

I know! How about joining the GREAT ONE-OH-EIGHT YOGATHON, which is going on all over the world on this "fine" fall day, to benefit the American Society for International Shanti. In New York City, the host is Yoga Sutra NYC, and Michele Sonier and I will be leading the "mala" of 108 Sun Salutations.

For more info, and for the significance of the number 108, check out Yoga For Hope. For me, the number has become particularly auspicious because Lewis the Beagle came home on the 18th of this month, and 108 is not only divisible by 18 but also numerologically adds up to 18.

We begin at 5:30, and the theme of our adventure will be "Karma"....

Hope to see you!

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!