So now, even I can SEE that I am making progress. These are actual backbends. Not my former flat-topped table-top. Yay!
Here's another problem with posting about yoga: I can't even say what it is that I am doing differently now because every week it seems to change. This week, I seem to need to put my feet kind of closer together than before, toes pointed slightly inward in order to really straighten out my legs. If I splay out my legs and feet, then I can't straighten the legs at all. Must have something to do with where the tightness is in my groins; the tightness is experienced, I am guessing, in the inner thighs, which is called upon to release when the legs splay out. That tightness is bypassed when the legs are turned in.
Anyway. Moon day, pheh. I have taken many non-moonday holidays lately. I would like to make this a six-day week.
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- ► 2009 (102)
- 10-Year Nap? My ASS.
- And, she's back.
- If you're fat, then what am I?
- Broken Foot* ( *...
- Obam-asana: Three Essential Yoga Poses for Michel...
- Sticking my neck out
- Weird, non-Ashtanga Ashtanga practice
- What is it about frogs?
- Posh-Asana: Do You Have To Be Rich to Do Yoga?
- Christopher @ New York Yoga starting next Wednesda...
- I prefer Second
- Up to Eka Pada
- We have lift-off
- Can you touch your toes?
- To the New Yorkers Who Want to Practice with a Ce...
- It's no Chakra Bandasana. But it's mine
- Just when I think I'm out...they pull me back in.....
- Sun Salutations in the Sun
- I have some AMAZING news
- ▼ June (20)
- ► 2007 (366)
- ► 2006 (504)