Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I was going to lie

and say that I didn't practice today because of the full moon and all. But then I remembered that I started this blog as a way of keeping track of my practice. Sure, it veers away from that now and then and now and then again. But essentially, this is supposed to be a record of my Ashtanga practice. So, if I start hiding pieces of it and lying to try to avoid criticism/garner approval, then I'm defeating my own purpose.

So, here it is: Last night, when I saw the moon, huge, and round and glowing incredibly white, I remembered that today was a moon day. And I was bummed. I was looking forward to practicing again today. And so I did.

I spent a (tedious) afternoon in West Chelsea with the Mother-In-Law. We had lunch and then went to a gallery where everyone knew her by name, and it seemed that she was pretending that I was not her daughter-in-law, but her client, as in her client who was interested in buying some paintings that cost $20,000 and up:

"Hello Mrs. S, how are you [kiss kiss]?"

"Hello, Franz, I would like to introduce you to Lauren Cahn, who would like to see some of so-and-so's work").
When it became clear that I was part of some charade, I felt clammy and nauseous and said that I needed to get home for a "meeting".

That's when I went home and practiced. I needed to detox.

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!