Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Honey, I need space....

It's not you, it's me.

I love you dearly. You've changed my life. You inspire me to be a better person.

But sometimes our relationship is so intense...I feel like I am suffocating. It's not your fault. It's totally mine. It's the way I relate to you, it's nothing that you are doing, I promise...it's all me.

Gosh, I feel better having said that. See, sometimes I just need to assert my independence, take a little break, get some perspective. Like today. I just needed some time to myself. To work through some stuff on my own. I think that taking a step back is healthy...for me....for us. It helps me to appreciate you more...so that when I come back to you, I am fresh and hopefully, even more committed. And I so so so appreciate that you are here for me when I get like this and that I can rely on you to be there for me when I come back to you.

Love,

YC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Lauren,

I love your writing style - you always bring a bit of wit or thought to my day! Hope that you get the space you need to breathe and return refreshed...

I posted this on Boobida's blog a couple of days ago, but am thinking it's unlikely you are checking her old comments!!

I am an Aussie ashtangi and was surprised to hear that the Mark in NY was Mark from Sydney! He is such a fantastic teacher, he started teaching with Eileen Hall (another beautiful teacher)at the studio I started learning ashtanga at in Sydney. I was not sure where he was now, as I have moved to Melbourne... if you get a chance, mention that Sally from Yogamoves sends my best (he might remember me from my group of friends who all practiced there too)- I think he would be quite spun out!

On another note, I hope that you get to move beyond supta K sooooon! Sounds like you need it... My own experience was that I started learning with Eileen Hall(very strict) and she had me move beyond supta k when I was still struggling with it, as I needed to build strength. Back then, I always rememeber supta K being the climax of my practice and the rest of primary as the denoument... Now in second series kapo is that for me...

keep up the wonderful writing! namaste

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!