Sunday, July 23, 2006

Head On! Apply Directly To the Forehead!

Head On! Apply directly to the forehead!

I was just minding my own business, watching CNN, and THIS comes on.

Head on! Apply directly to the forehead! Head on! Apply directly to the forehead! Head on! Apply directly to the forehead! Head on! Apply directly to the forehead! Head on! Apply directly to the forehead!

It's not at all clear from the commercial that Head On is a migraine medication, although it is clear that you apply it directly to the forehead. Apply directly to the forehead. Apply it where? Apply directly to the forehead. And just in case it isn't clear, or in case you are, perhaps, hearing impaired, there is an arresting visual of an attractive woman applying it directly to her forehead. It kind of looks like she's rubbing a glue stick on her brow. Or maybe a solid deodorant stick. What is it? Who knows. But you apply it directly to the forehead.

And it's available without a prescription!

Which just might come in handy after you watch this ad.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

YC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I missed it: where do I have to apply it?

PS: Did you get my mail? I miss our chats!

Caroline said...

This is so funny. I saw this ad the other day, and was equally puzzled.

Wayne said...

Annoying indeed - I think the commercial is supposed to put you in pain. When it first came out they made claims that it stops headaches and migraines instantly. However with some well applied legal action they have dropped mentioning any of these miracle cures in their add, resulting in the "Head on! Apply directly..." mantra. Sad that I can remember this and cannot always remember my finishing sequence.

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!