Forget the Oscars.
Best Picture doesn't get awarded until way after our bedtime anyway.
Instead, I offer you the Yoga Chickie Ashtanga Awards, right here, right now:
Actually, now that I think about it, I really don't have any awards to give other than one, and that is the Best Ashtanga Home Movies, which goes to Nilaf. Not only is the practice awe-inspiringly, heart-achingly beautiful to watch, but Olaf (thanks, anon) and Nina, his wife, are quite possibly the cutest couple I have ever seen on a yoga mat, giggling and making goo-goo eyes at each other as they come face to face while twisting into Mari C and D....not to mention, the moments of intrigue and suspense, fpr example, in "bendy", the file in which Olaf backbends himself into Chakra Bhandasana (backbend with hands to the ankles), and Nina helps him bring his hands to his THIGHS...
Thanks to okrgr for linking to it.
Saturday, February 11, 2006
Forget the Oscars.
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- ► 2009 (102)
- ► 2008 (238)
- ► 2007 (366)
- Practiced at home, watched The 40 Year Old Virgin....
- Yogi Tea Black Chai
- Help! I'm tired and I can't get up!
- The truth is out there
- It is true that one thing I I like about "chai"
- Old stockbrokers never die...
- First Day Back at Shala X
- Sheryl Crow joins the ranks
- Family resemblance
- The Definitive 2006 Yoga Chickie Family Ski Photo ...
- Park City Rocks!
- Me Write Book
- A petty gripe
- Snowbird, midmountain...
- Hi Ya'all
- Heading up high
- Quick break from photoblogging
- Photoblogging begins
- Reports of the demise of my teaching career
- Gone skiing
- Battle of the Vrittis
- Damned Bikram
- NYC gets dumped
- A series of Lundfortunate events
- The Yoga Chickies
- Rubber bhand
- 11 days, maybe 12?
- I still suck
- Days of whine and poses
- Memoirs of a Geisha
- Wheat berries...they're not just for dinner
- "Our little monster"
- You gonna eat that?
- The mystery of the disappearing blogs
- Reverse Psycho-ology
- Another 108
- 108...a new meaning to add to the list
- Yoga and Breast Cancer
- Evolution of a backbend
- ▼ February (43)