Friday, February 24, 2006

Park City Rocks!

Another boring post to bore ya'all.

Skiied the Park City Mountain today, and I have to say, Adam and I really rocked it out, especially on the Thaynes run (see photo at left). Bumps, bumps and more bumps. Black diamond. Brian didn't have the best day. He was a bit mentally psyched out. It would be too boring to compare skiing to yoga, the way you can psych yourself out of a good run or a solid pose. So I will skip that.

Came back to the hotel, did 5 A's and 5 B's, half of standing, Mari C and Mari D, backbends and a modified closing sequence. Blah blah blah. Yes, this is very boring. Maybe it's the altitude?

I am looking forward to coming home. I am sad about Sasha Cohen, even though I thought she had some very peculiar affectations in her short program, as well as in the moments before she went out on the ice. I didn't see her long program tonight, but the babysitter told me that Sasha fell twice. I wasn't surprised, but I feel a bit deflated for her.

Looking forward to being in my own bed again, to seeing Lewis the Bagle, to relieving him of his anxiety that we are never coming home (I hear he is quite depressed this week...).

Must go pack.

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!