Sunday, November 12, 2006

hmmm...what to write, what to write

This is the nose progress as of one month or nearly five weeks, depending on if you follow the sun like most people or the moon like Jews, Ashtangis and pregnant women.

In terms of the way it feels, it's kind of stiff and sometimes feels swollen. In terms of the way it looks, it's still a bit swollen, particularly right at the bridge and at the tip, where all of the work was done. But by golly, I am happy with it. I look like me, but with a non-lumpy nose. When I expressed concern about the ultimate results based on crap I was reading in the tabs about Ashlee Simpson's nose drooping after a few months, the Husband put an absolute ban on any further nasal surgery, which I take as a compliment. I think I'm putting myself on a plastic surgery 12-steps program.

In four years, I haven't made it a year without at least one surgery. It's time to put the brakes on while I still look nothing at all like Michael Jackson.

YC

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your nose looks great. So do you. Enough said.ht

Lees Lamar said...

Or Jocelyn Wildenstein....
You look beautiful.
Don't do anything else to your face!

Yoga Chickie said...

Did you know that Jocelyn Wildenstein WANTED to look like a cat?! Her husband apparently had a thing for cats. Exhibit 687 that money can't buy you good taste. Or good sense.

Thanks guys.

Boodiba said...

It's looking good Lauren!!

I don't think there's anything wrong with a little tweaking here and there, but ya there's gotta be a line. There's probably a whole committee responsible for the wreck of Michael Jackson, but at some point, shouldn't some of these doctors face criminal charges? I mean, if I had the money and decided I wanted an alligator tail attached to my ass, would there be some doctor out there corrupt enough to give it a go?

If it were in my budget I'd do a little lasering for slight scars and fine lines. I'd also think about laminates.

Anonymous said...

You look great - as you did before the surgery...can't wait to have you back at the shala. No doubt that Petri will have you binding in Supta K in no time.


Lisa

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!