Monday, April 30, 2007

Thought Byte on Thinking

Still having some trouble holding my hands together when my legs start to move in Supta K. Wondering if it wouldn't be better for me to wiggle my shoulders under my knees a bit more before Sir starts wrapping me all up. I never have time to do this because he comes over to me as soon as I go flat in Kurmasana, which I know is the right way to do it, it follows the vinyasa, after all. But I really think I need more wiggle time. I think that he doesn't think that the wiggle time is relevant if a student is surrendering to the adjustment. Well, maybe that is true in 99 percent of the cases. But I just am starting to believe that I am a lot better off in Supta K, all things being equal (i.e., a good diet, enough sleep, a good focus, a nice, sweaty practice leading up to Kurmasana), when I manage to spend a few (like 10) extra breaths wiggling around to get those shoulders squarely under the knees. I am fairly sure that when I held my hands together that one time, that I had had enough time to do that.

But this is not something that I can discuss with my teacher. It's just another example of too much thinking. And if I discuss it, I will have to think about our discussions, and it will lead to an endless vicious cycle of thinking. I will spin myself into even further Supta K insanity.

I know that the alternative to the squishing the arms under the legs before Sir starts adjustig me method is...practice...and all is coming. I know that. I do. But I can't help but feel that there could be this satisfying work-around...

YC

1 comment:

karen said...

Whether you think or don't think, in time you'll just get it :-)

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!