Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Spring Break is Over, Hooray!

When I was in high school, could I have fathomed saying such a thing?

I adore my children, but I am ready for them to go back to school. Good lord, I think THEY are ready to go back to school. I don't think the changed out of pajamas more than three times in the past 10 days. They needed a break, as did I. But now all of us are desperate for sunlight, oxygen and adult conversation.

And I need to get back into the swing of my At-The-Shala practice, which is a world of difference from my At-Home practice. The latter is a twitchy, ticky, distracted sequence of postures that veer off of the Asthanga sequence and into Forrest and Jivamukti territory. The former is Ashtanga. Same time every day. Same teacher. Same intention. No E! News Daily playing in the background.

So, tomorow it is back to Shala X for the late morning Mysore. Then a stop at my shrink. Then back down to Shala X for the Adjustments training. Today: Trikonasana and Parsvakonasana, plus a recap of Uttitha Hasta Padangushtasana and Tiriangamukhaekapada Paschimattanasana. Every day will include a recap of everything we've learned so far. So it's going to become a very looooooooong training very shortly.

The Trikonasana and Parsvakonasana adjustmens we did today were aimed toward rotating the spine away from the floor. The Trikonasana adjustment was one hand on the sacrum and one hand on the upper shoulder. The Parsvakonasana adjustment involved one hand on the upper arm and one hand just below the line of spine. Neither of these adjustments is the entire picture with respect to either pose. But they are a good start.

Teacher Training is always an interesting mix of personalities. That's all I'm going to say at the moment because I'm so tired I can't even type anymore.

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!