Monday, December 18, 2006

What Like about Jew

It's Good To Be A Jew At Christmas (words & music by Rob Tannenbaum), from the album "UNORTHODOX"

I've neve rknown the giddy joys
Of other Christmas girls and boys
I never sat on Santa's knee
I've never tasted Christmas ham
Or carroled Winter Wonderland
I'm just not down with Christianity, you see...

It's good to be a Jew at Christmas
It's nice to be a Jew this time of year
It's clear that we're the chosen ones
We got eight nights, they got just one
It's good to be a Jew at Christmas

On Christmas day we'll eat Chinese
Walk empty streets until we freeze
Once a year the city's ours alone
Anyone you see must be a Jew
Why not say "Hi! I'm a Jew, too!"
The goyim are all getting drunk at home

Oh yes it's good to be a Jew at Christmas
It's nice to be a Jew this time of year
You know that Christ was born a Jew
Which means that Mary was one, too

It's good to be a Jew
Don't you want to be one too?
It"s good to be a Jew at Christmas
Good to be a Jew

YC

P.S. Be sure to check out the other songs on Unorthodox, like the ode to JDate and "They Tried to Kill Us But We Survived". Rockin' good stuff. It's on iTunes. Also, the Barenaked Ladies do a couple of Hanukah songs, quite well, I might add. Check them out on iTunes as well! But truth be told, my favorite song of the season is, and has for a long time been, "Oh Holy Night". It is just so incredibly beautiful, and there are so many wonderful versions of it floating around out there. I have a reggae version, a version by 98 Degrees and a version by En Vogue. Kelly Clarkson really does it up nicely as well, but her voice is so powerful, it almost scares me. Finally, Sixpence None The Richer does "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" in tones so melancholy, it's all I can do to keep from weeping, especially if it comes on while I'm practicing Savasana.

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!