Saturday, December 30, 2006

The "Po" in Ohio

Last night, I checked out The Oh in Ohio, and it was not only hiLARious but clever and "gratifying" (heh), in its non-Hollywood happy ending (heh, again). I've always been a big fan of Parker Posey, and not just because I happened to have practiced alongside of her once or twice at a Bikram Yoga studio in Union Square and at Shala X. And it wasn't just the fact that Parker's character opens the movie on a yoga mat practicing Ardha Baddha Padmotanasana, Toe Stand and Garudasana that won me over either, although that was a much better start than the "alternative opening scene" shown in the DVD's extras. It's just that there's something about Parker that I really enjoy watching onscreen -an intelligence that comes through no matter whom she plays, but which comes through especially when she embodies uptight, borderline OCD, career women. There's something in the way she is able to modulate her voice from high-pitched and girlish to deeply husky that I find fascinating. Perhaps there's also an element of how highly I think of the films she chooses as vehicles. I'm pretty much on the side of Cecil B. Demented, but without all the homicide.

Happy Saturday ya'all! And don't my body know it.

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!