I feel much better now.
Kids are leaving tomorrow, and I am not falling apart at the seams.
My hand is still broken, but I ran six miles today. I have no idea how that happened either other than the putting one foot in front of the other.
No time for yoga today (what with running and taking the kids swimming), but I did lay on my 55 cm ball to stretch things out.
My arthritic fingers are noduled up in full force these past few days - hand surgeon says it relates to the stress of having broken my hand. But I'm alright. My fucking reconstruction is looking worse (to me) every day. But I have a plan.
Maybe all this good cheer is simply the result of having a housekeeper these past two weeks. It's so much easier to keep at the fingerprints and the dog hair when someone else is doing the bathrooms, the sheets and towels and the vacuuming. That said, I look forward to really polishing this place up this summer and moving the kids toys - all of em - to the newly finished basement. Assuming that it actually is finished one of these days. Right now, the walls, floor, ceiling, lighting, doors, bathroom - all done. What remains is the paint job. Then it's time to get the place up and running as a full-on recreation room (my yoga room needs nothing but paint of course).
So, someone called me a chicken shit today - an anonymous commenter. Ha. I am so NOT chicken shit just because I choose not to suffer unduly. Not that I owe an explanation. But I felt like giving one anyway.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
I feel much better now.
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- Modifications, Flexibility, Strength...it's not ab...
- Getting clean
- How to Do Ashtanga
- Enough with the whining and bitching
- She was thin, thin, thin.
- so pretty...so natural...so bye bye
- SOO depressing
- Existential questions
- frazzled. broken. optimistic.
- Rest Day, sort of, and kind of bummed
- Yesterday and today
- Today, yesterday and the day before.
- Last year, this year
- Gabrielle Anwar on vanity and aging...
- I can't belive I JUST found this...
- The excuse
- There are no words.
- I need an Easy Button for backbends
- ▼ June (19)
- ► 2008 (238)
- ► 2007 (366)
- ► 2006 (504)