Tuesday, June 16, 2009

so pretty...so natural...so bye bye



Apparently, while I was off somewhere paying attention to really important things like how to get my head up my own ass while backbending and twisting at the same time, I missed the men's magazine that voted Sarah Jessica Parker the Unsexiest Woman of the Year (or of all time, not sure which).

That sucks. That truly sucks not just for her but for the rest of us when the woman being dissed looked like the photo above.

Is it any wonder that she went ahead and removed her mole and surgically stapped on some skin-colored melons to try to fit into mass media's idealized version of a hard-bodied stick figure with giant mammaries and feet that were made for walking in red-soled stiletto platforms?

Sigh. It's not her fault really, exactly. It's more like she is just trying to get by in this highly demented and mysogynistic world we live in. Sure, we could wish that she could have bucked the trend. But why should we expect that?

Oh, and speaking of boobs...looking into a whole nother procedure. The breaking of the hand has liberated me somewhat...if I can't do yoga for two months, might as well be recovering from major surgery too....Fingers crossed...this one seems like a good one if I should be so lucky to qualify...

YC

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Horse walks into a bar.
Bartender says, "Oh my God, Sarah Jessica Parker!"

Yoga Chickie said...

She looks so fresh-faced and adorable here! Not like a living, breathing embodiment of a Picasso.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen SJP up close without all the makeup and hair fixin's???? Like walking down the street in the West Village? She's NOT attractive in the least...never was even as a little kid in Annie. She photographs well with the right lighting and makeup but otherwise, she's very ordinary leaning towards almost ugly. BUT that being said...what she does have is presence. Star quality. She's a good actress too. That star quality is why she is where she is today. Call it karma too. She was born to be famous no matter how she looks.

hyla said...

good luck yc


our thoughts will be with you...


namaste

Anonymous said...

SJP may not be conventionally pretty, but she comes across as a genuinely nice person.

Carrie Bradshaw Forever!

Anonymous said...

the third comment was very mean spirited, she is a great actress and was never fashion-model, like so many bad actresses nowadays. I totally root for her.... Jane

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!