Apparently, while I was off somewhere paying attention to really important things like how to get my head up my own ass while backbending and twisting at the same time, I missed the men's magazine that voted Sarah Jessica Parker the Unsexiest Woman of the Year (or of all time, not sure which).
That sucks. That truly sucks not just for her but for the rest of us when the woman being dissed looked like the photo above.
Is it any wonder that she went ahead and removed her mole and surgically stapped on some skin-colored melons to try to fit into mass media's idealized version of a hard-bodied stick figure with giant mammaries and feet that were made for walking in red-soled stiletto platforms?
Sigh. It's not her fault really, exactly. It's more like she is just trying to get by in this highly demented and mysogynistic world we live in. Sure, we could wish that she could have bucked the trend. But why should we expect that?
Oh, and speaking of boobs...looking into a whole nother procedure. The breaking of the hand has liberated me somewhat...if I can't do yoga for two months, might as well be recovering from major surgery too....Fingers crossed...this one seems like a good one if I should be so lucky to qualify...
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- Modifications, Flexibility, Strength...it's not ab...
- Getting clean
- How to Do Ashtanga
- Enough with the whining and bitching
- She was thin, thin, thin.
- so pretty...so natural...so bye bye
- SOO depressing
- Existential questions
- frazzled. broken. optimistic.
- Rest Day, sort of, and kind of bummed
- Yesterday and today
- Today, yesterday and the day before.
- Last year, this year
- Gabrielle Anwar on vanity and aging...
- I can't belive I JUST found this...
- The excuse
- There are no words.
- I need an Easy Button for backbends
- ▼ June (19)
- ► 2008 (238)
- ► 2007 (366)
- ► 2006 (504)