Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Afraid of an ASANA?? You bet your spinal cord, I am.

I had the deepest Kapotasana today that I have ever had. S was pulling my thighs forward. The Good Doc was taking my hands to my feet. Instead of feeling a pull in my triceps or in my hip flexors, I felt my back...BEND.

I know...it's supposed to.

But I never thought it would.

It really bent where it has never bent before, and I had the sensation of closing up like a clamshell.

I know...this is desirable. This is what I have wanted. This is what everyone else is doing when they grab their heels, when they take their ankles. In fact, I am sure that what I experienced is quite a bit less than all that.

Yet it freaked me out.

I was terrified that I would break. Or something. I was terrified to breathe. I don't know why.

Tomorrow, I want to try it again...with breathing.

Also - learning to jump into Bujapidasana is finally happening for real. I can jump into a very low, wide Tittibhasana. At least I can land, right? Now, I just need to get higher on my legs. There is time. It's not going anywhere, but since I have been working at this for a while, I thought it was time to share.

YC

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Congratulations!!! I am carried away myself by your excitement! and can only imagine the GD telling you to BREATH... BREATH...

:-) you go!

Boodiba said...

I think I missed that!

Did you go today? I didn't. So far I haven't done a 4 day consecutive run of my 3rd series up there. Mars. And now I've got more of it...

Ah wells. I'll be there Thurs/Fri.

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!