Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Finished Second Series Today

I wasn't going to post this at first because I didn't want to be all braggy and seemingly asana-greedy. But when the Good Doctor asked me if I was interested in getting to do some more asanas, and I said, "why yes, that would be great," he proceeded to assign every single pose of Second Series to me.

The funny thing is that I can do all of them. With assistance, yes, on some. Kapo, I actually touched my heels with my middle fingers on both hands, with assistance. Unfortunately, I am having a bit of trouble standing up straight now. Thank goodness for the Leg Behind Head poses, though, because without them, I might be walking around in a backbend all day. With a bit of assistance, I was able to deeply get the leg behind the head on each side...and it went from there.

As you all know, the balancing poses are no big deal, so Pincha and Karanda were like...okay, not easy, and I was a little tired, but I was soooo pumped, that they felt good. Again, needed a bit of help on Karanda. But after that, the rest of the practice was completely smooth sailing.

I LOVE that one with the Garudasana arms. I can't remember the name, but that's okay...I have plenty of time before I get to Third Series, at least a few weeks, so I will have time to get to know the names of the postures better.

At the end, we ticked and tocked, and he let me try Moolabhandasana. Which ROCKED the house. I am not sure why we skipped all of Third Series and went to Fourth. But GH was doing the Moola pose, and I guess it kind of led to some inspiration and creativity on the part of the Doc.

And if you believe any of this....you are an April Fool!!!!!!!

YC

11 comments:

Angie said...

This is one of the best April Fool's pranks I've seen in a long time! I was reading along, amazed! Good work. I love it.

Carl said...

Yeah, right. Pincha mayurasana made no sense, the way you say your shoulders are limited. I was not convinced by your little ruse.

Elaina said...

You got me real good :)

Stellata said...

Hook line and sinker

Yoga Chickie said...

Carl - I am QUITE good at Pincha. The rest of it made utterly no sense though! Come on ladies...all of Second from Kapotasana on in one day? It is a pleasant dream, but alas, merely a dream.

ashtanga en cevennes said...

I was all, QUOI !?? Good one!

DebPC said...

Here's where it started unraveling for me: that you didn't remember the name of a pose. To me, that is the most unrealistic part of this post.

Yoga Chickie said...

You guys made me LOL, literally.Thank you!! Lauren

alfia said...

I am an April Fool! :D

Elise said...

OMG! You SO SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOO got me! :P

Yoga Chickie said...

Come on guys! Stuff like that really does not happen. Not in Second Series, at least. You know, nerve cleansing. Wouldn't want anyone's head to explode, right?

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!