Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Please don't tell PJ....

I have something to confess...something terrible and dark and secret....something that I am incredibly proud of and incredibly afraid to admit.....but here it is....I TAUGHT A LED PRIMARY SERIES CLASS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was teaching an 8 a.m. vinyasa class at New York Yoga, and I was planning on taking the led Ashtanga class at 9:15. At 9:10 the teacher called in sick...and then there was just me. So, I took it on. I was a little scared, but I did it. I actually taught the entire series in 88 minutes. The students LOVED it....I was so psyched. To be honest, I know that this sort of thing would only fly in an upper east side studio - it simply would not be tolerated in a place where the Ashtanga is taught only by those who have completed the Primary Series in a Mysore setting....but honestly, I was able to give a really nice class today, so....

Then I went downtown hoping to catch the 11:00 Mysore at Eddie's. No luck. It must have been their moonday. Why is it that Guy's place observes it on Tuesday but Eddie's observes it on Wednesday? Isn't there only ONE day on which the moon is full or new? Meanwhile, I couldn't possibly have known that Eddie's place was closed because there is no friggin web site. This is a definite problem for me. But it is one that I am willing to tolerate for the sake of really awesome Ashtanga yoga.

Incidentally, I taught four classes today. FOUR. And I took Nicole's class at Jivamukti, which ROCKED. So, basically I spent eight or so hours in a yoga studio.

Nice.

YC

No comments:

Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.

About Me

My photo
Northern Westchester, New York, United States
I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.

Bygones







Ashtanga Blogs


Thanks for reading Yoga Chickie!