that in ancient Egypt, when the deceased were embalmed, their organs were removed and preserved OTHER than their brain, as it was believed that their brain was not needed for eternal life? Sounds very yogic to me - the concept that the MIND is extraneous to the SELF. Just a thought....YC
Thursday, June 16, 2005
Copyright 2005-2007 Lauren Cahn, all rights reserved. Photos appearing on this blog may be subject to third party copyright ownership. You are free to link to this blog and portions hereof, but the use of any direct content requires the prior written consent of the author.
VISIT ME AT MY NEW ADDRESS, YA'ALL!
- Yoga Chickie
- Northern Westchester, New York, United States
- I live by a duck pond. I used to live by the East River. I don't work. I used to work a lot. Now, not so much. I used to teach a lot of yoga. Now not so much. I still practice a lot of yoga though. A LOT. I love my kids, being outdoors, taking photos, reading magazines, writing and stirring the pot. Enjoy responsibly.
- ► 2009 (102)
- ► 2008 (238)
- ► 2007 (366)
- ► 2006 (504)
- "D" stands for Drama
- Splitting my time....
- Moving on to Navasana at Eddie's!!!
- Sunday morning is my favorite time to practice?!
- Resting my Ashtanga, but teaching my Vinyasa today...
- Size 2 (as in 2 fat to bind)
- Please don't tell PJ....
- OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a moonday tomorro...
- Efficiency is a double edged sword...
- Did you know....
- And no breakfast it is.....
- Another day, another practice....
- it's me.......lauren cahn
- Two more sultry Mysore Days....
- Where were they today????????????????
- Ashtanga Yoga: In the Mysore Room Day 1
- ▼ June (17)